Wednesday, August 29, 2018

End of the Notebook


     Sup Ya'll? So today my post is something I wrote on the very last page of a notebook. I'd had the notebook for about nine months and had written a lot of personal stuff in there. When it came to the last pages, I was really sad. Maybe I'm just overly sentimental but it felt a little like losing a friend. When I reached the end I didn't want the last page to just have some random song lyrics. So I wrote this piece as a sort of......tribute I guess. Kinda silly, writing a tribute for a notebook, but it made me feel better about letting it go, even as I started a new notebook. I don't know if I'd call it a poem exactly, but I hope you like it anyway!

End of the Notebook
I hope in the past nine months I've changed.
This notebook recorded all of my pain. 
But it captured the happy moments too. 
And it caught all the times that I needed You. 
The happy and sad times, the good and the bad times. 
I wrote it all down, the smiles and the frowns, 
songs fabricated, the worlds I created. 
I always took a note, so if you wanna know,
look inside this notebook and you'll look inside my head. 
The stories I brought to life the songs I left dead. 
The times I was hurting and needed a light. 
The times that I worshiped my Lord Jesus Christ. 
When Life was ok, when I had a good day,
when things got hard, or I just played a part. 
The times when I should've slept,
the secrets I would've kept,
if it hadn't been for a song within just dying to get out. 
A song that was reaching up for the clouds. 
So know this without a single a doubt, 
I've got no plans of burning out. 
Heck I'm gonna scream and shout. 
The world will know what I'm about. 
And so if you're reading this it means you've reached the end. 
It feels a little like I'm saying goodbye to a friend. 
But I'll find another notebook just you wait and see. 
You have not by any shot seen the last of me. 
End of the Notebook all rights reserved T. Cwanek 5/11/18 

     Please know that just because I finished that notebook doesn't mean I'm out of poems. I started writing in a new notebook and there's plenty to write about! And if and when I do run out, there's always song lyrics :) Anyway, that's all for today. Keep being awesome my peeps! 

                                                                                                        Torilinn

No comments:

Post a Comment